Visual: Apple’s 300,000+ App Store apps
What can you say about Apple? It has not only developed some of the hottest gadgets in history, it has a huge app store that keeps on giving to Apple fans. The folks at App of The Day have managed to visualize what the state of Apple Store as it is these days. Who knows how far will Apple App Store go in 2011 and beyond.
Some of the takeaways from this illustration:
- 300,000 apps and counting, as of December 7th, 2010
- average price for all apps: $2.43
- number of unique developers: 62,126
- top categories: books, games, entertainment, education
- paid vs. free: 67% vs. 33%
P.S. any App Store predictions for 2011?